IntroductieAre you an experienced Product Owner looking for a challenging position in The Hague? Check out this vacancy!
OrganisatieFor whom are we looking for a Product Owner?
This company has been around for a while and is part of a privacy search engine which was founded in the late 90s. They are working with a small and close team in The Hague in kind of a startup culture. As early as 2005 they recognized the need to treat privacy as a fundamental right. They turned out to be ahead of their time. Over the next decade, revelation after revelation showed how much our online privacy had come under attack. In response, they built more and more defenses into their search engines to protect their users.
People now use search engines to find information millions of times per day, without being tracked or profiled. Then they turned to their next challenge: email privacy. Everyone uses email, but sending regular email is like sending a postcard—it makes snooping very easy! Advanced encryption technology already exists to stop hacking and mass surveillance. Making this technology user‐friendly was their challenge.
FunctieAs a Product Owner you will focus on:
* Developing a smart vision of what, specifically, will bring various levels of success or failure;
* Ensuring key stakeholder input and buy-in
* Facilitating the technical conversations needed to identify minimal efforts that achieve much of the desired success for each effort (to focus on those parts first);
* Creatively parallelizing efforts to avoid bottlenecks and get to market much faster;
* Crafting functional specifications with precision and attention to edge cases;
* Contributing to team motivation and morale.
More extensively on:
* Defining the product vision & strategy;
* Managing the product backlog;
* Prioritizing needs;
* Overseeing development stages;
* Anticipating company’s needs;
* Acting as primary liaison;
* Evaluating product progress at each iteration.
Functie eisenAs a Product Owner you recognize yourself in the following:
* Min. 3 years experience in PO/PM in an agile environment, preferably experience in B2C market;
* Commercial minded, with strong focus on the customer’s and stakeholders needs;
* Organized and focused on the bigger picture and excellent in developing and sharing the product vision;
* Good communication skills in English and Dutch;
* Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, assess and resolve problems effectively;
* Assertive, friendly and motivational to others;
* Knowledge and experience in Privacy or Security is a plus.
AanbodWhat can you expect from them?
They have offices, no noisy open-plan stuff and lunch together every day.
they offer a competitive salary and a chance to help build a cool app with new technologies to fight for the privacy rights of all of us.
Moreover, they offer:
* A competitive salary;
* You work on your choice of Macbook Pro or Dell XPS laptop;
* 24 vacation days;
* Annual contract;
* A good bonus arrangement.
InlichtingenAre you the product owner we’re looking for? Please apply before January 18th. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact Sanne Cremer on +31(0)6-29 52 09 05.