IntroductieExperience as Lead Software and looking for an inhouse position in Rotterdam? Check out this vacancy of Director of Engineering!
OrganisatieAbout the organization:
The company is a Microsoft specialist and focuses on the branche of buying and selling companies. This company has a 100-year history in the production, typesetting and distribution of highly confidential financial documents of companies. The security of business-critical information is in their DNA and today, they apply this to their market-leading data room, IROOMS Virtual Data Rooms and their Secure Workspace ALM.
Their focus is on security, reliability, service and innovation, which relieves any uncertainty, allowing business to seamlessly focus on the deals they need to make, never having to worry about the integrity of data.
FunctieAbout the position:
As a Director of Engineering you will focus on the platform being `fit for purpose’, delivering against the roadmap and general health/operational state of the platform. In short, you’ll translate the strategic vision and long term architecture of the company into a technological vision for the software development and devops team, you’ll lead the team, you ensure architectural standards, principles and high level process are in place, maintained and followed and you ensure that the team evaluates new technology and makes recommendations on technological solutions. Besides strategical tasks, you’ll have several operational tasks like consistently evaluate technical efficiency and effectiveness, managing several teams, execution of the roadmap, tasks and deadlines, overseeing IT budgets and tracking, analysing and monitoring technology performance metrics.
Functie eisenFor the role of Director of Engineering, you bring the following:
* Hands on experience with managing multiple agile teams across multiple product lines in parallel – from a larger perspective (e.g. Architecture, complex product);
* Proven ability to manage `upwards’ and help the other business units understand how to get the best out of engineering;
* Experience with managing near the `coalface’; dealing with high-priority issues while also delivering on the longer term goals;
* Affinity & experience with the highly sensitive nature of the companies business; and the need to have ‘security by design’ permeate both technology, processes and culture;
* A track record in Enterprise Software architecture/engineering background;
* A good understanding of .NET, Core and related technology, Azure / SaaS services;
* A solid understanding of at least one Agile framework (e.g. Scrum, Kanban);
* A solid background in Architecture, ideally with some Governance experience mixed in;
* Ideally some exposure to ISO Certification and related process/procedure.
Moreover, you are able to delegate/manage separate cross-functional development teams, empower and coach each with a team lead, and drive a set of agile or lean processes to enable them to work independently and self-sufficiently.
AanbodThey offer you:
The key to achieving success is the dedication and creativity of this company’s staff in delivering innovative technical solutions while providing outstanding service. At this company, they foster a culture that recognises excellence and rewards performance, where individual employee goals are closely aligned with those of the company and their clients, and where their employees are inspired to make the company’s success their own.
Next to this, they offer:
* An excellent salary;
* 8% holiday pay;
* 25 vacation days and optionally 3 more days to compensate for overtime;
* Compensation for work-related expenses.
InlichtingenAre you the Director of Engineering we’re looking for? Please apply before October 30th. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact Sanne Cremer on +31(0)6-29 52 09 05.