IntroductieAre you a Back-end Developer (3-5 years of experience) looking for an in-house position region Amsterdam with a lot of freedom in choosing new technologies?
OrganisatieFor whom are we looking for a Back-end Developer?
Our client sees business processes, information and software as a united whole. They understand the differences between challenges on the work place, the ones for the management, and those for IT administrators. They improve business processes with practical software tools and make data administration easier and cheaper.
It is a young company, currently existing of around 20 people. The average age is around 30. They still have the enthusiasm and culture of a start-up, without the financial uncertainty or the influence of an investor. They try to balance being focused and delivering results with a relaxed atmosphere and enough room for joking around and feel like a start-up team. No events are obligatory, but if colleagues like to join in activities they are more than welcome.
The goal is to become a major platform for sharing linked data between companies. They also provide consultancy services. This makes for a well-mixed team with people who have different educational backgrounds, amongst which information technology, artificial intelligence, civil engineering, linguistics, aerospace engineering, medicinal chemistry, architecture, and English language and culture. Their nationalities differ as well. At the moment they are Dutch, Ukrainian and Egyptian and they speak English amongst each other to make sure expats feel welcome and comfortable. They have a firm understanding of software development, but also an expertise in semantics and information modeling. And of course they know the domain of their customers, mainly active in technological industries like construction, shipbuilding and process industry.
– Write clean, testable, re-usable, well documented code
– Write unit tests for your own code
– Perform regular code reviews and share best practices
– Prepare for and participate during Scrum events to improve the way we work
– Collaborate with your team to make things happen and deliver quality for the end-user
Functie-eisen– Between 3 and 5 years professional experience as back-end developer
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills
– Team player who is also able to work independently
– Fluent in English (verbally and written)
– Experience with Java (version 8+) and Spring framework
– Experience with Maven, Git
– Experience with unit testing and mocking frameworks –
– Experience in developing reactive web application back-ends and REST APIs
– Familiar with agile development
– Familiar with modern database environments (e.g. NoSQL, graph databases)
– Familiar with Docker, and cloud infrastructure (AWS) is a plus
– Have a thorough understanding of development standards and best practices
– Have an opinion on how to write great code but be open to learn and adjust
AanbodAmongst others, they offer you:
* Salary from €3600-€4200 gross
* Permanent contract
* 24 vacation days;
* A good bonus arrangement;
* Travel allowance.
InlichtingenAre you the Back-end Java Developer we’re looking for? Please apply before Thursday August 1. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate and contact Sanne Cremer on +31(0)6-29 52 09 05.